Avid Education offers the Avid Certified User for Sonnox Elite certification, validating expert skills to use seven of the most popular plug-ins from Sonnox. Attaining Avid Certified User for Sonnox Elite certification status provides an industry recognized credential for both academic users and industry professionals.
To gain the title of Avid Certified User for Sonnox Elite you must take the course, Sonnox Elite Plug-ins Fundamentals (SO110) before sitting and passing the associated certification exam, as shown in the graphic below.
Becoming an Avid Certified User for Sonnox Elite verifies that you possess a fundamental understanding of and the capability to use Sonnox plug-ins, together with a firm grasp of the core skills, workflows and concepts of audio processing on the Pro Tools system.
While this certification does not certify the creative skills of the individual, the technical and operational skillset developed through this certification program is designed to qualify students to enter the workforce as music or post-production assistants.
Becoming an Avid Certified User for Sonnox Elite allows you to:
- Demonstrate your user skills and that you have a firm grasp of the core skills, workflows and concepts of audio processing on the 7 plug-ins of the Elite Collection
- Provide measurable benefits to your employer
- Differentiate yourself from peers
- Make your résumé stand out and leverage the power of the Avid and Sonnox brand with a downloadable Avid Certified User logo
- Prove your credentials with a Certificate of Achievement
- Gain recognition from your employer and peers with our online Certified Professional listing
As an employer, use the Avid Certified User for Sonnox Elite credential as a benchmark so you can:
- Find the right person for the job
- Quickly assess candidate skill level
- Invest in and promote your most promising employees
- Keep your systems running at top performance, with little to no downtime
How do I become an Avid Certified User for Sonnox Elite for the Sonnox Elite Collection?
Firstly attend the Sonnox Elite Plug-ins Fundamentals (SO110) course.
To certify you must complete the course, including course exercises, at an official Avid Learning Partner running the curriculum, then pass the certification exam.
Where are the classes offered?
The Sonnox Elite Plug-ins Fundamentals (SO110) course and supporting certification exams are offered worldwide at selected Avid Learning Partner schools and training centers. Find an Avid Learning Partner.
Who should take these classes? What if I already know how to use those plug-ins?
The Sonnox Elite Plug-ins Fundamentals (SO110) course is designed for music and post-production technicians, engineers, producers, or anyone involved in audio recording, mixing and mastering. For students already familiar with audio processing, the course can be taught in short, 2 to 3 day classes. This type of training can be more appropriate for experienced professionals who simply need to learn the software or update their skills.
Alternatively, the course is also taught in academic environments over several months (typically, one semester each) to students who are learning the concepts and techniques of audio processing at the same time they are learning the software. Pick the format that is right for you.
How much does certification cost?
Course fees are set independently by Avid Learning Partners running the Sonnox Plug-ins course. Students are required to purchase a course e-book, which includes the cost of the course exam, and a single retake, if required. Additional retakes are chargeable.
Can I refer to study materials during the exam?
No. Students are not allowed to reference any documentation or study materials during the exam.
What is the format of the exam?
The exam is comprised of 50 questions with 60 minutes allotted to complete. Test items are presented in the multiple choice format: Select the single option that best answers the question.
What happens if I take the exam and do not pass?
Exam results are shown immediately when an exam is completed and submitted for evaluation. Unless a candidate is banned from retaking the exams for reasons of fraud or rule violations, the following retake policy applies:
- If a student does not pass an exam, the candidate may retake the exam after 24 hours have passed
- Once a student has passed an exam, it may not be taken again for that version of the Sonnox product
What will I receive if I successfully pass the exam?
Along with pride and confidence of becoming an Avid Certified User for Sonnox Elite you will receive:
- Official certificate available for printing or download, proving your Avid Certified User for Sonnox Elite status
- Downloadable Logos, for use in your resume, business marketing materials such as business cards and websites
- (Optional with your express consent) Listing of your credential on Avid.com under Find a Certified Professional
How long is certification good for?
Your Avid Certified User for Sonnox Elite certification does not expire. You become certified for a particular version of the plug-ins’ software. You may find it beneficial to update your certification to the current version from time to time. Contact your local Avid Learning Partner for more information.